This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which we, Mindset & Strategy Ltd, 10830030, 71-75 Shelton Street, Coven Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, will process any personal data we collect from you, or which you provide to us, in the course of using our site www.mariaduckhouse.com. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 & the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), we are the data controller.
When using our site, there are a number of ways in which you would provide information and other data to us. In compliance with the new Data Protection Regulation, for you to use our site, we will now require your prior consent to allow us to process and collect this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
we may collect and use users & customers personal data to:
- improve customer service
- personalize user experience
- send you our newsletters from time to time.
- respond to users & customers service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- understand how our users, as a group, use the services and resources provided on our website.
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- process payments (when placing an order) only to provide service in that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- notify you about changes to our service.
Ultimately the data is yours so:
If you do not want us to use your information for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the forms on which you submit your data. You can also contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply by using the unsubscribe link included in our emails (any time afterward)
If you do want to receive information from us or our carefully selected third parties about goods or services that may be of interest to you, please tick the relevant box on the forms on which you submit your data.
If you previously agreed to receive information but no longer want to, please email us directly at email@example.com or unsubscribe by using the link on the most recent email you received from us.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. We take your privacy very seriously and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
In the event of a breach, we will report it immediately and will inform you as well as soon as possible so you can take the appropriate mitigating measures.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985) and also to third parties in the following circumstances: –
• to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets;
• If we are required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
In compliance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), we will ensure you have final say on all of your personal data that we hold. by making sure you can, at any time:
• Request the erasure, the rectification or modification of your personal data.
• Use your right of data portability which means, you can request the transmission of your personal data directly from one controller to another.
• Receive all the personal data which we hold about you.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and we will respond with the requested information within a 30 days period
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. The non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers used and other similar information.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Web browser cookies
DISCLOSURE OF your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent User personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may disclose your personal information to our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985) and also to third parties in the following circumstances: –
• to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets;
• If we are required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organizations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If a user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
Please review the terms of this policy and accept them to use this website or any of our services. If you do not agree with this policy, please do not use our site or services. Your consent can no longer be assumed, it needs to be given freely, as we cannot proceed without it. This is for your security and ours, we hope you understand.
This document was last updated on May 14th, 2018